NFL DFS RB Recommendations for Week 1
The NFL season isn’t the only thing getting on track this week. It’s time to start thinking about who to play in your first daily fantasy roster of the year. But you’ve already been thinking about who you want to start. You’ve got ideas and thoughts running through your mind on which DFS running backs are going to have the best starts this week.
You just need to get a little confirmation that what you are thinking isn’t crazy. No problem.
How about some DFS RB recommendations?
If you want to go big, no one would fault you. There is no reason to think Todd Gurley or David Johnson will not have big days. Ezekiel Elliot, on the other hand, will be playing a very tough Panthers run defense. While his offensive line is good, it’s not the beast that it used to be.
Dallas will give him plenty of opportunities. But don’t count on Ezekiel Elliot having a big day in Week One.
But there are some other options worth considering.
- Alex Collins, Baltimore Ravens: He’s not a stud running back by any means, but he is the primary guy for the Ravens who happen to be playing one of last season’s worst run defenses in Week One (Buffalo). After Flacco gets the Ravens out to an early lead, look for the Ravens to run a ton.
- Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints: Either he is going to have a huge day against a poor Buccaneers defense, or Drew Brees is– or maybe they both have good but not a great day.
- Kenyan Drake, is growing up right in front of our eyes. Heading into his third season, Drake is posed to have a huge stat line this year. Frank Gore could rob carries from him in September but look for Drake to have all the Red Zone touches this week.
- Dalvin Cook, Minnesota Vikings: He was having a good rookie season before an injury stole the rest of it. Expect him to hit the field looking to prove something. However, expect the Vikings to try to have a very balanced attack. So, his numbers may be good but not great.
- Jordan Howard, Chicago Bears: The Bears would love nothing more than to beat the Packers on national television to start the season. Their best bet to do so would be to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field as much as possible. That is going to mean running the ball early and often against a suspect Green Bay run defense.
Take Collins or Drake and one of the studs, Gurley or Johnson. Then use the money you save to get a really good pair of wide receivers.
YOUR DRAFTKINGS COMPETITIONS
NFL & PGA Lineup Buildeer.
Join today and receive instant access to handpicked fantasy players for all NFL & PGA DraftKings Linesups. Start outscoring your competition and learn the strategies to become a daily fantasy guru.