DK Live Feed
Build Your Lineup

Join Today

DFS Lineups That Win!

Join Today

DFS Lineups That Win!

The 2018 Masters Tournament

By GolfGuru - 4 years ago in PGA News

The 2018 Masters Tournament

This week, the best golfers in the world will descend on the beautiful and picturesque grounds of the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia. It’s the first Major of the year and the competition that everyone wants to win.

But, of course, like every other tournament, only one person can. However, that isn’t important to daily fantasy players. Yes, having the winner on your team will help you win. But as long as you pick players that do well, you can still walk away with a little cash in hand.

So–who are the daily fantasy-worthy players this week? As always, that’s a great question. But first…

How about a little information about the course and weather?

Augusta is a par-72 course that is 7,435 yards long. The course is home to one of the most famous holes in golf, Amen Corner. Bobby Jones and Alister MacKenzie designed the course.

As for the weather, the temperature is expected to be kind of up and down. Thursday will be a cool 58 degrees; it will jump up to 66 degrees on Friday. But then it will drop down to 50 degrees on Saturday—when it is also expected to rain (90 percent chance).

It warms back up to 59 on Sunday.  Thursday and Friday will have clear skies. Saturday will be anything but clear skies with a 90 percent chance of rain. But Sunday will be partly cloudy (10 percent chance of rain.

The weather is going to good, overall. So, who do you want on your daily fantasy team?

The Players

Choosing a roster is going to be a little tough this week with so many of golf’s best entering the tournament playing well. The popular choice is going to be Tiger Woods, of course. His history with the course makes him a good choice, and he has been playing very well lately. He hasn’t played good enough to win anything, but he has been playing well. When it comes to daily fantasy, that is what you need.

Then there are the usual suspects; golf’s elite and the favorites to win the Masters (each with 10:1 odds)—Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, and Dustin Johnson. Spieth will be coming in hot after finishing 16-under at the Houston Open last week (tied for 3rd).

Thomas comes in even hotter with a win a few weeks ago at the Honda Classic, a second-place finish WGC-Mexico, and fourth at the WGC event in Austin. As for Johnson—the man is the No. 1 golfer in the world.

Can you ever go wrong with the No. 1 of anything?

Expert Masters Picks

But as nice as it would be to go with all four of these guys, the daily fantasy salary cap will make it impossible. What you’ll need to fill out your roster are some guys whose odds are longer. You want the guys who can win if everything goes just right, but who will still play well when they don’t.

  • Sergio Garcia: Never count a defending champion out! He knows the course well (he won it last year, after all).  With three top ten finishes his last three times out, he will be entering the tournament playing well. Since Vegas gave him 30:1 odds they must see him as good, but only good enough to win if everything goes his way.
  • Justin Rose: At 12:1, his odds are the same as Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy. After coming in second to Garcia last year, he will be looking to take the green jacket home this time. But if he is going to do so, he will have to step his game up. After placing in the top five his previous two tournaments (Valspar, Arnold Palmer), he tied for 52nd in Houston last week. Consider him your “buyer beware” option of the week.
  • Phil Mickelson: Will he be the guy who had four top-six finishes in February and early March? Or will he be the guy who placed 17th at the WGC event in Austin or tied for 24th? He’s won the Masters before (2010), but he has not played well his last couple times out (plus-2 and missed the cut). But he didn’t do bad in 2015 (14-under).  For the right price, he could be a great pickup.
  • Henrik Stenson: He’s played in four events this season and finished in the top six of three of them (didn’t make the cut in the other). Last week, in Houston, he was as consistent as they come with recording a 68-68-69-69. The odds on him are a little long (30:1). But he is playing well. Well enough to win? Eh—probably not, but he is certainly playing well enough to make an impact on your daily fantasy team.

START WINNING
YOUR DRAFTKINGS COMPETITIONS

NFL & PGA Lineup Buildeer.
ONE MEMBERSHIP.

Join today and receive instant access to handpicked fantasy players for all NFL & PGA DraftKings Linesups. Start outscoring your competition and learn the strategies to become a daily fantasy guru.

Build Your Winning Lineup

Use our lineup builder to create your winning lineup for DrafKings & FanDuel.

Get Started