DK Live Feed
Build Your Lineup

NFL SPECIAL

Save 50% on all packages.

NFL2018

JOIN TODAY

NFL SPECIAL

Save 50% on all packages.

Use Code

NFL2018

Build Your Winning Lineup

Use our lineup builder to create your winning lineup for DrafKings & FanDuel.

Get Started

Shop Our DK Gear

View Our Shop

Daily Fantasy Recommendations for the PGA Championship

By GolfGuru - 1 year ago in PGA News

We’re talking about the last major of the year, so that alone will have guys bringing their ‘A’ game. But it also happens to be the 100th edition of the PGA Championship making a win just a little sweeter. As is the case with every Major, the best of the best golfers in the world will be taking part.

So, from a daily fantasy perspective, there are going to be plenty of options this week at the Bellevire Country Club. But before diving into an examination of some of the options…

How about a little information about the course and weather?

The Bellevire Country Club is located in Town and Country, Missouri. It’s a par-70 course that is 7,329 yards long. It’s one of the longest courses to host the PGA Championship in the history of the tournament.

As for the weather, it could get a little tricky this weekend. Thursday and Friday shouldn’t be too bad. Thursday is going to be partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Friday is expected to have clear skies but also a 20 percent chance of rain. Winds are going to be stronger Thursday (8 MPH) than Friday (4 MPH).

But weather conditions could get a little crazy on Saturday and Sunday. Temps are expected to be in the high 70s with winds topping out at 6 MPH.  However, there is a chance of thunderstorms on both days with a 40 percent chance of rain Saturday and 60 percent on Sunday.

The Players

It’s not often where the stars align just right to make it easy to pick out a favorite player for a tournament. But they have aligned this week. You’d be foolish not to start the defending champion, Justin Thomas.

Not only is he one of the best in the world, but he is playing well right now (just won last week). Oh—and his game fits well with the layout at Bellivire. It’s a long course, but a straightforward one. It doesn’t get tricky or anything. It just requires guys to hit it long, hard, and accurate.

Last week at Firestone, Thomas was third in driving, tied for second in greens hit, and was first in proximity. Yeah, he’s going to do well this week.

PGA Championship advice

Some other guys worth considering include:

Dustin Johnson: There is a reason why the man is the No. 1 golfer in the world—he’s good. Not just good but good no matter where he plays. He has missed the cut once in his last five tournaments (British Open). But he placed first in two of the others and third in the remaining two (tied for third in one). He may not be driving as well as Thomas but there is no arguing with his results.

Brooks Koepka: He had a bit of a hiccup at the RBC Canadian Open but righted the ship pretty well at Firestone last week. His fifth-place finish was his fourth top-ten of the year. He was one of the leaders in distance and led the field in strokes gained. His game matches up well with Bellevire.

Rory McIlroy: He’s had some moments this season that was not very good but lately appears to be getting closer and closer to putting it all together. He missed the cut at the U.S. Open but otherwise finished t8 (Memorial), t12 (Travelers), t6 (CVS Health), t2 (British Open), and t6 (WGC-Bridgestone). He’s struggled in the later rounds at the Majors this season but don’t be shocked if he puts it all together this week.

Dark Horse Candidates: Jason Day, Tony Finau, Francesco Molinari, and Thorbjørn Olesen.

Buyer Beware: Jordan Spieth and Tiger Woods; both are excellent golfers, but you can’t trust either to put four strong rounds together in a given weekend.

NFL SPECIAL
SAVE 50% ON ALL PACKAGES

ALL SPORTS. ALL ACCESS.
ONE MEMBERSHIP.

Join today and receive instant access to handpicked fantasy players for all Daily Fantasy Sports. Start outscoring your competition and learn the strategies to become a daily fantasy guru.