NFL DFS TE And DST Recommendations for Week 1
In daily fantasy play, tight ends and defense/special teams (DST) are often not valuable contributors. But much like in the real game, if you pick up the right one, they can make a world of difference on the scoreboard by the end of the game.
The hard part, of course, is figuring out who the right tight ends and DFS are. But help is available if you want it…
How about some DFS TE recommendations?
Rob Gronkowski wasn’t the reliable option daily fantasy players wanted him to be last season, so he may not be missed by too many. If you are willing to pay the price, you are probably going to be safe if you go with Travis Kelce, George Kittle, or Zach Ertz during any given week.
But you will have to pay for them. However, the following guys are some more affordable/bargain options worth considering:
- Evan Engram, New York Giants: Eli is going to need all the help he can get moving the chains.
- Hunter Henry, LA Chargers: He was great before he got hurt, but now he is healthy and ready to take over the role.
- Eric Ebron, Indianapolis Colts: He and Andrew Luck had great chemistry last year; if it is half as good with Jacoby Brissett, he is worth starting.
- T.J. Hockenson, Detroit Lions: Of all the rookie tight ends, Hockenson may be set up for success the best in the Lions pass-happy offense.
- Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys: Wouldn’t it just make for a great story if he returns and has a big game against Dallas’s biggest rival?
How about some DFS DST recommendations?
It is hard to say if there is ever going to be a real ‘go-to’ option when it comes to picking a DST.
Some are better than others, but that doesn’t always translate to daily fantasy points. Maybe whoever is playing the worst offenses in the league (Giants and Dolphins; which would make the Ravens DST and Cowboys DST the ‘go-to’ guys this week).
The best defenses will not cost you much, but it is possible to get a real bargain, too:
- Philadelphia Eagles DST: The Eagles were good last year and got better during the offseason; they should have a field day against the Case Keenum-led Redskins.
- Detroit Lions DST: The Lions are the feast or famine pick; they will either dominate Kyler Murray in his debut or get ripped to shreds.
- Buffalo Bills DST: They were one of the best units in the game last year and should be again this year.
- Indianapolis Colts DST: They were excellent down the stretch last season and could be in for a great game against the one-dimensional Chargers (who will be missing their running game with Melvin Gordon out).
Go with George Kittle this week at tight end. He has a pretty favorable match-up this week against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If you don’t like him or want to save money, give Hunter Henry a try. As for the DST, the Eagles DST or Bills DST will be great picks for this week.
SAVE 50% ON ALL PACKAGES
ALL SPORTS. ALL ACCESS.
Join today and receive instant access to handpicked fantasy players for all Daily Fantasy Sports. Start outscoring your competition and learn the strategies to become a daily fantasy guru.