NFL DFS WR Recommendations for Week 1
The NFL season is here. That means it is time to start doing your homework so that you can pick a winning daily fantasy roster for Week One. Because it isn’t as simple as just picking the best players at any given position.
No, you will need to find a happy medium, a mixture of talent, potential, and risk. When it comes to choosing wide receivers in daily fantasy play, there is an element of risk with even the best players.
So—who should you choose?
How about some DFS WR recommendations?
You will have to pay the price for him, but Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill is probably as close as you’ll get to a sure thing every week. He has proven himself to be an extremely talented player and he happens to have one of the best young QBs in the league to work within a pass-first offense.
What more could you ask for—but he will cost. The following guys, however, are more affordable options:
- Odell Beckham Jr., Cleveland Browns: He is one of the most explosive wide receivers in the game today with one of the most talented and promising young quarterbacks throwing to him. Oh—and he wants to prove the Giants made a mistake.
- Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Evans is one of the best in the game today. While his quarterback is questionable, he has the benefit of facing a weak 49ers defense this week.
- Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings: Kirk Cousins likes possession-type receivers which is exactly what he has in Thielen. But he also happens to be good enough to do something with the ball after the catch making him valuable in daily fantasy play.
If you want to go with marquee guys at running back or quarterback, you will need to pick up a couple of receivers at a bargain price. The following guys are inexpensive and worth considering in Week One:
- Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks
- Christian Kirk, Arizona Cardinals
- Dede Westbrook, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Deebo Samuel, San Francisco 49ers
Tyreek Hill against the Jaguars defense is not a good option. But OBJ against the Titans? Oh, yeah! Go with Thielen as well and maybe roll the dice on Deebo or Westbrook for your third.
SAVE 50% ON ALL PACKAGES
ALL SPORTS. ALL ACCESS.
Join today and receive instant access to handpicked fantasy players for all Daily Fantasy Sports. Start outscoring your competition and learn the strategies to become a daily fantasy guru.