NFL Week 1 Rookies
When the 2019 NFL season gets underway, DFS players are going to have some new players at their disposal when they set their lineups—the rookies. Some rookies will be coming in with high expectations; some, not so high.
Of course, the guys with higher expectations are going to cost more. But since they will be unproven until Week One, their price tags should be a lot better than established running backs.
Some will get the chance to prove themselves quicker than others—which could make them advisable options for daily fantasy players as early as Week One.
Several rookie running backs are going to get some playing time as early as Week One, but only a handful are likely going to get enough work to be worthy of a roster spot in daily fantasy play:
• Josh Jacobs, Oakland Raiders: He was a reliable running back for Alabama last season and will move right into the starting role for the Raiders as long as he doesn’t have a bad preseason.
• Miles Sanders, Philadelphia Eagles: They may look to Jordan Howard more for carries in the run game early on. But Sanders will get enough action in the run and passing game to be worth considering (if the price is right).
• David Montgomery, Chicago Bears: Tarik Cohen is more of a change-of-pace guy which will leave the every-down duties to either Montgomery or Mike Davis. Davis may get the nod early on in the preseason but look for Montgomery to be the guy in Week One.
• Darrell Henderson, Los Angeles Rams: With the mystery surrounding the health of Todd Gurley’s knee, Henderson could be in line for a decent number of carries early in the season. With his potential to break open plays, he could be fantasy worthy even as a back-up.
• Devin Singletary, Buffalo Bills: LeSean McCoy looked over the hill last season, and Frank Gore is right there with him. It would not be shocking if either of them is cut before Week One. Whoever is left will be backing up Singletary.
The Best of the Rest
There are going to be other players worth watching as the season begins but may not be worth starting in daily fantasy play until their roles become defined: Bryce Love, Washington Redskins; Alexander Mattison, Minnesota Vikings; Trayveon Williams, Cincinnati Bengals; and Ty Johnson, Detroit Lions.
SAVE 50% ON ALL PACKAGES
ALL SPORTS. ALL ACCESS.
Join today and receive instant access to handpicked fantasy players for all Daily Fantasy Sports. Start outscoring your competition and learn the strategies to become a daily fantasy guru.